Catalina the travel curator, a company based in Athens, Greece, registered and licenced by the Greek National Tourism Organization with registration number 0206E70000866501, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Type of personal information we collect:
Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services that you received from us. We do not get informed of your personal bank data, such as account number and credit card details, since these are processed in a standalone online banking environment.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technological features of the devices you may use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
Communications Data includes your communication preferences.
Special category data:
Health/mobility data, Religious beliefs, Sexual orientation
Any information of this type that you provide to us constitutes special category data under applicable data protection laws. It must be noted that the processing of special categories of personal data requires your explicit consent.
• To register new customers.
• To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a totally personal way.
• To make travel arrangements with suppliers in order to facilitate and deliver to you the service you asked from us.
• To make suggestions and recommendations about travel experiences that you may find interesting.
• To keep you informed of Catalina’s services.
• To let customers subscribe to our newsletter, in case you want us to occasionally share with you snapshots of exciting travel news & facts from Catalina’s scouting trips around Greece.
• To use data analytics for the improvement of our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
To whom do we transfer the information?
• We share your name (and in some cases your contact telephone number or e-mail address) with our third party suppliers such as accommodation providers, transfer company, tour guides and activity providers for the purpose of your trip only.
• We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
For how long are the data kept?
Your personal data will not be processed in a form that allows your personal identification for any longer than is necessary for the conclusion of the requested services. In this way we ensure that the purpose for which your data were originally collected is fulfilled along with any other legitimate business purposes that may arise.
Your data are kept for a time period of approximately ten years. One basic reason for this being that many of our guests return for an extra travel dose, designed by Catalina. Also, following the strong bonds that are created while planning your travels, we want to keep you informed of any travel news likely to interest you. In case you do not wish to get updated and inspired please let us know so.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your personal data may only be processed within countries of the European Economic Area (EEA).
For as long as we retain your data you may exercise your rights free of charge by sending us an email message at any time. You have the following rights:
• to request access to the personal data that we hold;
• to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data;
• to request erasure of your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them, as we have explained above, or when we are no longer legally permitted to process them;
• to request that we limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporally suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer than necessary;
• if you have given us your consent to process your data, you also have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. In the event that you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the legality of the processing carried out previously.
• When we process your data based on your consent for the purposes of a contract, you can also request portability of your personal data.
• When the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you are entitled to object to the processing.
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by us before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.